Whew! It’s been a hectic final week in the library. As we wrapped up the last school week of 2015, we had so many events that we could barely keep up! Check out all the photos in the slideshow above for a sampling of the crazy stuff we had going on throughout the week! Here’s a handy-dandy rundown of the festivities:
- Monday we had the Glass Knife latke throwdown, where staff members brought their favorite family holiday dishes and enjoyed Ms. Melinson reading Lemony Snicket’s The Latke Who Couldn’t Stop Screaming.
- Dr. Whited’s Biology class came in to do some research for their GMO food debates.
- We had a couple of Middle School advisories pop in to make more fun Winter Crafts. Check out some of last week’s classes here.
- Wednesday we had the 467th annual Glass Knife Gift and Bake Sale, where staff members sold the heck out of some homemade cookies, cakes, and DIY crafts.
- The Pre-Med Club had a special guest speaker, Jeffrey Southard, MD, FACC, talk about Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy to students interested in going to medical school after college.
- Friday we had the holiday Book Club, where students and faculty shared what they hope to read over break. One of the main books we talked about was A Christmas Carol, and Luca mentioned a cool audio version read by Neil Gaiman. You can listen to that right over here. For a list of those books (and all books recommended during Book Club), check out our Goodreads page here.
- We had various Christmas carolers drop by on Friday to sing us some very festive songs. What a delight!
- Daniel H. felt like showing some love in the spirit of the new Star Wars film that was released on Friday, and wore a sweet Storm Trooper onesie to school.
We hope everyone has a wonderful Winter Break, happy holidays, and that everyone gets to read all the books on their lists! Be safe, and may the force be with you.